5/5/10

Happy Cinco de Mayo

I hope you all have a fabulous Cinco de Mayo, and here is that recipe I was promising you.

There used to be this fantastic Mexican restaurant in Salt Lake City that went out of business not too long ago, called Cafe Pierpont. They had the best salsa, all different kinds at a salsa bar. That's the first place I tried mango salsa, and I've never been able to find another mango salsa like it, but I do love any kind of mango salsa. And who doesn't like saying the word "salsa" :)

Theirs was blended so you got a little bit of everything in every bite. For the sake of the holiday I have included a mango salsa recipe. You can put it all in a blender or food processor and blend it to the chunkiness of your liking :) Great with toasted pitas or in tacos, on top of fish, chicken, anything really!

MANGO SALSA

mango, peeled and diced
1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumber
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
1/3 cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper

No comments: