3/24/10

The Tastes of Thai

Over this past weekend I was walking with my husband into Kroger across the street from our apartment and the most delicious smell was in the air. We had never been to this Thai restaurant but we knew it had to be coming from there. So on a spur of the moment thought we decided to try it out. My husband and I love food. Anything food... thats why its so good to have healthy recipes on hand to use so that we don't go overboard. But we thought we'd go out after all how many overweight Thailanders (?) do you see? And to think I that the "Broken Down Palace" movie scared me away for so many years, I'd love to vacation here.

We had some amazing curry food with coconut, chicken, citrus leaves, and green and red peppers over rice. It was delicious! One of my favorite desserts was served there too, Coconut rice and mangoes, but I held strong.

Here is a delicious Thai recipe to try yourself, and I urge you to try your local Thai restaurant as well. Maybe after race day?

Thai Red Curry Mahi Mahi Salad

You can find the full recipe on Food Network here

No comments: