7/2/10

Happy 4th of July Weekend

There is almost nothing better than a 3 day weekend filled with great food, an annual 10K, family and fireworks! I'm am ready to hit the road to Cincinnati then Ashland KY for fireworks on the river... first I have to finish the lat few hours of work though... can I make it?

I found some fun and easy recipes for a light snack and dessert for your holiday weekend. Let me know if you have any other ideas that will keep the pounds off but still satisfy the tummy (yes I said tummy :))

First... the snack/side/fruit dish:
Patriotic Fruit Salad. Gorgeous and so fun to create.

I would use:
Watermelon (cut out with star-shaped cookie-cutter)
Raspberries
Blackberries
Grapes
Bananas
Strawberries

Next... Dessert: small, yet satisfying.
Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches

Nilla Wafers: maybe try the chocolate flavor :)
Ice Cream: any flavor works great
Sprinkles: could be like fireworks, but for the 4th I would use red, white and blue

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments: