2/19/10

A Few Motivational Quotes - I think I can, I think I can...

who better to start out with than "The Little Engine That Could" "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can"... repeat back in your mind as you climb up the hill, up, up, up!

Here are some more motivational quotes from true "runners". Read them often

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
- Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

"We may train or peak for a certain race, but running is a lifetime sport."
-Alberto Salazar

"No one ever drowned in sweat."
-Author Unknown

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people."
-Bill Bowerman (this will get me out in the snow, as much as I don't want to, I more don't want to be considered "soft" by anyone)

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
-John Bingham

"The marathon is a charismatic event. It has everything. It has drama. It has competition. It has camaraderie. It has heroism. Every jogger can't dream of being an Olympic champion, but he can dream of finishing a marathon."
-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder


"The difference between the mile and the marathon is the difference between burning your fingers with a match and being slowly roasted over hot coals."
-Hal Higdon

"I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart."
-Mike Fanelli

No comments: