2/25/10

Breakfast

I can't stress the importance of eating breakfast, I love breakfast its my favorite meal of the day. But there are some, most, people that either don't like eating breakfast or they don't have time for it. Trust me its worth getting up about 5 to 10 minutes earlier to eat the most important meal of the day.
I have cereal every morning around 7:00 am and I find that in only a few hours by 10:30 or 11 I'm starving! But on those days that for some reason I miss breakfast I can go hours longer without being hungry. Thats because my metabolism is still slow from the 8 hours of sleep, and lying still so once I eat breakfast its like giving my body kickstart right in the metabolism! :)
I encourage you to eat breakfast everyday this week starting tomorrow, and post here how you feel after the week is over, and along the way. Oh and one more tip before I move onto a recipe and other breakfast food for you to try. Its best to eat within 45 minutes of waking up so you can get your body going right away! Have a good morning!


Spiced Baked Grapefruit (http://gloriouskitchen.blogspot.com/)
As crazy easy this is, it has become a favorite breakfast dish in our home.
1 grapefuit, sliced horizontially
1 tablespoon honey dash of cinamondash of cardamom
dash of nutmeg

Take each half of the grapefruit and precut each slice of grapefruit for easy removal once done baking. Drizzle honey over each half and top with spices. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes then broil for about 2 mintues or until the tops are lightly browned. Serve immediatley.
Fruit and yogurt is always refreshing, or a good low sugar cereal with milk will get you going quick.

No comments: